[ardour-users] noise problem with Ardour 0.99 and TAP reverb

Oleg Ivanenko oai-ash at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 31 06:25:40 PST 2005

>Hi,
>
>the issue may be caused by the fact that I was using input parameter
>interpolation rather sparingly when writing plugins...  so this may be
>causing problems for you. I don't automate plugin parameters very
>frequently myself, so it didn't cause problems for me so far. If you
>could tell me the parameters you use (most importantly the Reverb
>type) and the decay range you are automating through, I will try to
>reproduce the problem and see if there's an easy way of eliminating it
>within the plugin. Although I'm afraid it won't be easy, because the
>decay value is *the* parameter that affects all internal variables in
>nonlinear ways...

Tom, I understand you. I'm programmer. I'll be hope and wait.

>A possible workaround may be to create wet mixes with different decay
>parameters and crossfade between them to create the effect of varying
>decay time.

I think this method too difficult.

>You may also try automating the wet level with decay time
>set to a constant (larger) value, although the result of this will be
>noticeably different.

I thought about this way, but... Damn, my English so poor :(((
I'll try describe situation... I want create effect coming from far to hearer of recorder. Then reverberation (decay?) must decrease... Not wet level IMO...

>> My sweet recorder track was broken... :'(
>
>Please accept my sincere apologies.

Oh, Tom, let this be my biggest trouble in my life :)
If You have a time, just listen what I want with decay decrease:

http://muzik.agnula.org/view.php?view=track&id=2624

--
Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
[Все это было бы смешно, когда бы не было так грустно]