[ardour-users] noise problem with Ardour 0.99 and TAP reverb

Petter Sundlo"f petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org
Mon Oct 31 04:13:33 PST 2005

Your two problems could be the same, or different.

1) There's a bug with the TAP plugins when compiled with gcc4: They can
either create extremely uncomfortable white noise-like sounds when
settings are at non-zero. Compiling with gcc3 alleviates this problem.

2) At least experienced by two of us in #Ardour, and submitted as bug
http://ardour.org/mantis/view.php?id=1122
This happens on various plugins. And it's up in the air if it's Ardour's
fault or the plugins. Some curves have been shown to be read very
strangely. Some not. It's a bit uncertain.
Any information is helpful (register for a mantis bug tracker account:
http://ardour.org/mantis/ )

All the best