[ardour-users] Advice on Ardour

J.L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Mon Oct 31 02:19:20 PST 2005

Hi,
I'm rather new to ardour. Tried to install it last year on a FC3-system
but didn't succeed.
I recently had a request of a friend of mine, running a professional
studio and recording CD's for Big Bands and (smaller) Jazz combo's. He
currently uses Nuendo (W XP) on a double Opteron system (lots of memory,
lost of raid disks: really heavy). He wondered if Ardour (he actually
asked for a program for Linux) could perform the same tasks as he
sometimes had problems with XP and in general was fed-up with several
(non-technical) issues related to MS.He is very content with Nuendo.
He records with 24 mikes (I think he can go to 48) and has of course all
the required hardware. He displays on 2 19" LCD screens, connected as
one monitor for overall control.
I hope somebody can give me the information.
Joep