[ardour-users] [qjackctl-devel] qjackctl & OS X

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sun Oct 30 14:31:07 PST 2005

OK, I've fixed the major issues with selecting an audio interface
with qjackctl on OSX.  This isn't the end-all solution but it
will be passable until we can come up with a better way.

The button the right of the interface combo is now much better
looking than it was before, and the popup menu contains both the
human readable device name, along with the unique device ID that
must be passed on the jackd command-line.  Unfortunately, this
ID is ugly and right now we have to put it in the Interface
combobox due the design of the dialog.  We should consider
changing that soon.

When you pick a device from the popup menu the channel counts are
also now updated automatically.

Here is a DMG I made including the latest changes from me.  I
used some elements from Joachim's dmg but I created a new icon,
and didn't include the GPL license agreement popup on mounting
(too much trouble).

   http://essej.net/QJackCtl-0.2.18.dmg

I will send a patch to CVS to the qjackctl mailing list
separately.  If this works out, maybe it can be hosted on
sourceforge.

Please let me know how it works for people (both positive and
negative feedback).

jlc