[ardour-users] OS X Hardware support for Ardour

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Sat Oct 29 04:29:41 PDT 2005

G'day Mark,

as far as midi I/O is concerned my M-Audio 2x4 has Mac drivers. So if you can
use natively installed Mac HW then that should give you a stable pathway for
you MTC.

Glad to hear your Mac is coming up to speed. My daughters iPod has died now
too, so a replacement is on the way. You'd better hope that crappy device
doesn't send them to the wall ! We bought 2 this year, and had 4 for free so
far !

BTW, the laptop is great !. I'm just using the standard gentoo 2.6.13.rc4
kernel and getting perfectly good funtionality with the built-in Intel
soundcard (128/2) no x-runs ! running as root tho. :-0

I had a bit of trouble with the user accounts... looking into that today.

I also just set up a gigabit lan in the studio...... how does 40-48 MBS
sound ! Bloody fast.

till later,

best,
g.