[ardour-users] ardour, jack and midi

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Oct 28 10:20:50 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 12:50 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

my reply was probably somewhat less useful than it should be.

> > The microKontrol when connected via USB looks like 3 devices.  I installed
> > Rosegarden so I had something which would show incoming notes and from what I
> > see, the second device on the microKontrol does send MIDI events (I recorded
> > both notes and controller values into Rosegarden from it.

in which case, in the MIDI tab of qjackctl's connect dialog, you should
connect that device to ardour. then in ardour's options dialog's MIDI
tab, make sure that the "seq" port is set to be used for MIDI Parameter
control (it probably is).