[ardour-users] It is not loud enough

Mike Jewell mj405 at oneupaudio.com
Thu Oct 27 07:33:55 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 10:15 -0400, Scott Helmke wrote:
> On Thursday 27 October 2005 10:04, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > Which is where, anyway? The Delta66 manual refers to a per-channel
> > "+4/consumer/-10"
> > radio button on their "Delta Control Panel" software, but
> > envy24control doesn't seem to
> > have any such thing. Anybody know how to toggle the input level?
>
> Envy24control has it as a slider - I love the way Linux developers tend to
> give more control instead of less.  It's on the "Analog volume" tab, a
> row of "IPGA" sliders.  Mine are all set to 22, which seems to line up
> well with 0dB on the meters of my mixer.
>
> -Scott

I'll mention this since it was a great help to me when I learned (from
this list) that you can save your Envy24control settings with alsactl.
After getting them the way you like to start out, do a alsactl store.
Then run envy24control from a script in your bin directory something
like this:  (I call this one vol22.)

# Start the envy24control for Delta 1010LT sound card.

/usr/sbin/alsactl restore
envy24control -o2 -i2 -p2 -s0 &

--
Mike