[ardour-users] noise problem with Ardour 0.99 and TAP reverb

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Oct 27 06:41:48 PDT 2005

Greetings:

  While working on a session for a student I discovered a nasty problem:
I have the TAP reverb in the master output strip, and I get a horrible
noise after I move a track or relocate the playback cursor. I seem to
recall that this problem has been discussed here, but unfortunately I
only receive the digest and can't easily search my own archives for that
topic. Am I deluding myself ? (Always the question... )

  Anyway, I have no problems actually using the plugin, it sounds great
when applied, but that extraneous noise is really awful and irritating,
especially through headphones (ouch). Suggestions ? Advice ? Good jokes ?

  Ardour 0.99, Planet CCRMA RH9, JACK 0.99. The TAP plugins are from
Planet C's repository.

Best,

dp

Btw: My students are very impressed with Ardour. I'm arranging and
recording tracks for them, eventually I'll knock together a compilation
CD for fun. At that point I'll be poring over the JAMin material from
Ron and Jan, for which I am most grateful. As anyone who's heard my
recordings can tell, I know nothing about that mysterious process known
as mastering, and I greatly appreciate the JAMin tutorials, I know
they'll come in handy. Cool++