[ardour-users] bugs / feature requests

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Oct 26 04:55:03 PDT 2005

> I don't think there is a mixer sold (excluding oddballs like line mixers or
> headphone mixers) which does not have built in EQ per channel.

i agree with the assessment offered by someone else that nearly all of
these are pretty nasty. neve consoles might be an exception, but its
only a might.

>   Even other
> DAWs tend to have basic EQ per channel and then you can use a plugin if you
> need something fancier.  The single most common things you are going to need
> to do are tweak EQ and deal with dynamics (well and adjust volume but Ardour
> obviously has that nailed, the adjustable evelopes are mucho awesome).
>
> The issue is that you should not have to spend a crapload of time just to
> replicate the basic (hardware) mixer functions that we have had since mixers
> were invented.

You do it once. Then you save the setup as a template (Session->Save as
template). Then for future sessions you create them using the template.
"Ardour. And you're done." :)

--p