[ardour-users] PKG_CONFIG_PATH?

jim stockford jim at well.com
Tue Oct 25 13:53:30 PDT 2005

my mistake.
now i see something that looks like a typo--
don't use the  :  character

# the following is wrong
$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$ANYTHING
ANYTHING: Undefined variable  # BASH shell error return
# its the colon character that's throwing BASH off, seems to me

$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

should do it. if not,

$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/
$ # note the final  /  character

hope that helps sorry for previous noise