[ardour-users] Any comments on Ardour under OS-X?

Iwan Heskamp iheskamp at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 25 02:22:30 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I just recently joined this list, as I'm about to do some 'real' stuff
with Ardour instead of just playing around. At the moment I use DeMuDi
1.2.1 which came with Ardour 0.97something. I want to finish the current
project first before trying to get 0.99 to work.

That said:

> On Tue, October 25, 2005 1:46, Ricardo said:
> I know it's supposed to work, but how well? And are there any issues
> specific to the Mac one should be aware of?

On my eMac running 10.4, 0.97something crashed when you even looked at it,
but 0.99 seems pretty stable. I composited some introsamples for Death
Metal songs with it. (It's not really composing, just a composition of
moviesamples etc.) And since I don't have decent soundhardware (yet), I
haven't recorded anything yet.

However, I could not get the LADSPA plugins to work. I tried various
locations for them, but Ardour just doesn't seem to find them? If anybody
got them to work, please let me know!

Furthermore, I don't really care that the interface is GTK instead of
Aqua, for such a dedicated tool as a multitrack recorder the looks don't
really matter, stability and efficiency do.

  Iwan