[ardour-users] APODIO - ?

david headon davidheadonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 12:42:27 PDT 2005

--- Wolfgang Woehl <tito at rumford.de> wrote:

> david headon <davidheadonuk at yahoo.co.uk>:
> > wow.
> >
> >    downloaded the 4.2.2 live cd iso and burned it
> to a
> > disk.  Booted into it and was amazed - it all more
> or
> > less 'just works' straight off the cd. The
> question
> > is- i can't seem to stop it from being french, so
> > figuring out how i'm supposed to install it to a
> > partition  on my harddisk is tricky... Any clues?
>
> They have it on
> http://www.apo33.org/apodio/gupp/faq.php?lng=fr
> which
> says:
> 1 boot the cd
> 2 start diskdrake and make 3 partitions: /, /home,
> swap (/ needs ~4,5
> GB, swap = RAM, /home whatever)
> 3 format those in diskdrake
> 4 reboot
> 5 start "livecd-install", icon on the desktop
> 6 follow instructions: choose partitions from step
> 2, start
> installation, when finished a 100% install
> bootloader (2nd choice),
> finish, reboot
>
> What Ardour version they ship?
>
> Wolfgang

Right!

Hadn't noticed the 'livecd-install' icon on the
desktop... any idea if this would conflict with my
existing Mandriva 10.2 partition? I wolud have thought
creating partitions called /, /home, /usr, etc would
not agree with the mountpoints on the other mandrake
setup.

 my objective is to end up with windows-/C , then my
exixting MANDRIVA 10.2, then swap (1G), Then APODIO.

    I hope the APODIO installer don't mess my GRUB
boot table. I finally have it working well again after
my experiments with DeMuDi.

Any ideas ?!?

-------dave-0

a place for my stuff...