[ardour-users] Laptops + 64bit issues

William Wolf throughnothing at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:22:53 PDT 2005

On 10/24/05, Arnold Krille <arnold.krille at gmail.com> wrote:
> See my ranting mails on LAD... I got a Tascam us-122.
>
> I got it (somewhat) working last tuesday but some problems remain. On
> friday I tried to record with batteries only and jackd/the usb-usx2y
> crashed every two minutes and on saturday I had a gig where it run
> stable for 8 hours in the rehearsals but finally crashed during the
> gig :-(
>
> I think I will do some more testing the next days if my new girlfriend
> gives me some spare-time :-)
>
> Arnold

Well good luck, ive heard that doing audio over usb can usually cause
lag or be rather slow.  Firewire might be something better to try.  Im
looking into finding some relatively cheap/supported firewire hardware
to use with my laptop.  Im currently using the echoaudio layla3g on my
desktop, but want something that I can use with my laptop.  Anyone got
any suggestions?

--

William Wolf