[ardour-users] Pre-Roll?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Wed Oct 5 10:44:02 PDT 2005

Howdy,

Is there anyway to get Ardour to do a pre-roll when recording?  I
haven't found it in the Ardour interface.  I've checked a few of
the Ardour tutorials on the web, the docs in the tarball, and the
mailing lists' archives, but not found anything on pre-roll.

The best idea I've been able to come up with so far, which I
haven't actually tried, is to set the punch in/out to cover
the entire song, with the beginning loop point set coincident
with the punch-in and the ending loop point set at the desired
pre-roll amount after the punch-out.

Is there an easier way to get pre-roll?

Thanks...

--