[ardour-users] Top Level Mode

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Mon Oct 3 18:36:47 PDT 2005

Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> writes:

> if you can [..] i'll consider it

Could this maybe be a feature?. Having these windows separated has
many advantages (Tracks, Edit Groups, Regions/name and Chunks), in my
opinion. Even with my 23" widescreen, I still want more screen real
estate (I never run anything maximized, though). It's also more
pleasant to work with such a mode, cause it's more simple and
displaying exactly what it needs to display. You don't see the things
you don't use that often and when you need it, you just align or put
it on top (or maybe attach it), the window that you need. It's also
quick to change to another window with M-TAB as long as they have
separate icons.

Soon we'll probably get the possibility to click the icon in the M-TAB
menu.

I believe this is the correct interface design. Even, f.ex with
ardours' model view, the "Region/name" window might provide regions
for another application that has a certain view into the ardour
engine.

> i'm not in the 100

You're pretty close to number one, in this part of the glen;).

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m