[ardour-users] Terrible pain with Jamin

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Thu Nov 24 14:49:22 PST 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:11:50 +0300
"Marukqs" <marukas at hardcore.lt> wrote:

> Muse has some troubles too:
> f.e. fast snare notes are not played in equal intervals for bigger jack
> buffers - the smaller jack buffer is the notes are more precise. So when I
> work with muse I MUST set jack latency at least 1ms, cause with 5ms latency
> I get 16th length snare sounds like
> t-da-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-t-da-ta-tda-ta-ta-ta, but not
> ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta.

This might be due to these applications not setting their midi and clock
threads to a higher prio than i.e. jackd's prio.

If i.e. the muse midi thread runs at a prio lower than the jack audio
thread it will be interrupted by the latter once each process cycle.

There also might be other causes, but it would be cool to check this
first. Maybe check back with the muse devs for a definite answer [i
don't use muse, nor rosegarden, so i can't tell]..

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org