[ardour-users] export mp3 from audacity

7lb9oz Productions viipoundproductions at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 17:59:52 PST 2005

Hello all, I am trying to use audacity to create an mp3 file, but when I try to do the export, audacity informs me that it uses the lame codec and directs me to a dialog to browse for this file.  It is called something like, lamemp3.so, and I dont have it.

  Does anyone know how to make mp3 files with audacity?  Why does it not install this codec automatically if it is going to need it?

  Thanks in advance