[ardour-users] 100% CPU time

Peter Hagen peter at wingsofdeath.nu
Wed Nov 23 08:05:52 PST 2005

Hi

Today I installed my new cube system, and installed the latest Ardour
with is (0.99) together with jackd 0.100.7 (i guess) and things like
rosegarden etc etc. They all installed very easy. I then copied a
session I have been working on to the new system and opened it with
Ardour (i have to be root or start it with sudo, but that is a different
email). All seems fine. It startes to play, I can even run Jamin with
it, which wouldnt work on my former computer, and it all seems fine...
until... I move the slider in ardour, or when he jumps from 1 region to
the next (other samples), then he start to stotter. I don't get a crash,
but 100% cpu usage. Stange thing is, this also happens when I press the
'stop' button. Then he just jumps into 100% cpu usage, and my system
stotters. Is this a know bug? or maybe someone has a simple solution for
it.. if not, is there a link to the beta30 archive, so I can at least
finish this project?

thanx allot in advange

Peter