[ardour-users] Track import problem

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Nov 22 08:47:58 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 16:34 +0100, prg at ichthyostega.de wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> thankx for the fast reply. No I have no problem with the "hacky thing",
> beeing a software developer myself. And, btw, I found the design of the
> ardour-files very nice and self-documenting!
>
> Just out of curiosity: the name showing up in the external regions pane
> is taken from the embedded soundfiles name, (that first one I referenced for
> the left channel), not from the name tag I entered for the regeion, did I get
> this right?

correct. the region list top level nodes (actually, 2nd level i suppose)
represent files, not regions per se, so their names come from the files.
below that the names are those of the actual regions (and all those
regions "belong" or are "derived from" or "reference" the file under
which they are listed)

--p