[ardour-users] Track import problem

prg at ichthyostega.de prg at ichthyostega.de
Tue Nov 22 06:53:39 PST 2005

Greetings,

maybe someone can help me with a problem importing recorded material into ardour.

Last summer, we did a classical concert recording (multitrack, protools on
OSX laptop). Afterwards, I grabbed the complete soundfile-directory and copied
it on my firewire HD.

So I now have a set of (broadcast)-wave files in MONO numbered accordingly
and labeled "xxx.L.wav" and "xxx.R.wav".

Reading the audio as such is not a problem, but I get mono regions and couldn't
find any way to combine them to stereo regions besides:

 - setting up mono tracs, embedding the original recordings, mixing,
   exporting mixed range as new stereo wav, re-importing (oh my! I have
   several hours of material)

 - hacking the ardour snapshot with a text editor. this works, but seems
   a bit dirty aproach to me :-;

Question: Is there any standard, canonical method to import this into simple
stereo regions to use in my ardour session?

Hermann