[ardour-users] (no subject)

prg at ichthyostega.de prg at ichthyostega.de
Tue Nov 22 06:36:18 PST 2005

Solv (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> Hi, I noticed people are using 64 bit with ardour, just wondering about
> a few things.  I am currently waiting with much excitement on a new
> system being built for me at this moment in time.  It is a an AMD 64
> Dual Core 3800+ with Asus A8N Nforce motherboard.

Hello Andy,

I am running ardour on a very similar setup (AMD X2 4200+ on MS K8N board).
My kernel is 2.6.13-smp (with low-latency patch) and both of my cpu-cores
are beeing used. (The performance gain from switching to smp was much more
noticable to me in "normal" day-to day work than the performance gain from
switching to a 64bit version of linux, btw.)

I can't say much to planetccrma, as I am using "64Studio", a pure 64bit
debian distribution based on Agnula/DeMuDi, see http://64studio.com/

Some weeks ago, there was no debian package for Ardour 0.99, so I built
it myself from sources. I noticed no 64bit related issues whatsoever.

hope that helps,
Hermann