[ardour-users] Recording seems fine, playback not at all

easy rider 64studiouser at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:41:32 PST 2005

tux:~# alsamixer -c 0
No mixer elems found

tux:~# alsamixer -c 1

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for hw:1: No such device
tux:~# alsamixer -c 2

tux: function snd_ctl_open failed for hw:2: No such device
64studio:~# alsamixer -c 3

tux: function snd_ctl_open failed for hw:3: No such device
64studio:~# alsamixer -c 4

tux: function snd_ctl_open failed for hw:4: No such file or directory
64studio:~# alsamixer -c 5

I have only 1 card (with jackd identified as hw:0) - these messages show me
I have something important forgotten. But what?

I'm doing this: modprobe snd-usb-audio then: alsaconf (Yas to all the
dialogues). And it works just as I said - Recording seems good, playback
doesn't. Even xmms says to me that I haven't soundcard configured well.