[ardour-users] new song on-line

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Nov 15 09:22:57 PST 2005

Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> Pasi Karppinen wrote:
>
>> Dave Phillips wrote:
>>

>>> Greetings:
>>>
>>> I've uploaded a new song:
>>>
>>>   http://linux-sound.org/keepmesatisfied.ogg
>>>
>>> And I've revised and updated my "Music Made With Ardour" page:
>>>
>>>   http://linux-sound.org/ardour-music.html
>>>
>>> Lyrics and license for the new tune are on the Ardour music page, if
>>> anyone's interested.
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> dp

>> Wow! Man that was excellent! What was the equipment used to record
>> that damn nice piece of blues? I was listening with M-Audio Delta 66
>> + AKG K141Studio headphones and it sounded almost like a professional
>> recording. Would you also like to tell us more like what effects were
>> used on vocals and such?
>>
>> Very enjoyable blues! Like Eric Clapton. Way to go Dave!
>>

> Indeed, this is a slick sound!
>
> Good content Dave. Timing goes "walkabout" a bit but hey...Its Blues! :)
>
> Is that you pickin'?  Being a guitfiddlist...that always stands out to
> me first. Some very nice "buttery" blues licks! Vocals arent too
> shabby either.
>
> An effort worthy of the "elephant stamp" and a Brownie
> Button...whatever your flavor is. :)
>
> Cheers
> R~

The recording was done in my front room, just your basic room with
computer, gear, carpet, couch, and dog asleep on couch.

Mic was an SM58 put through a Yorkville MP6 for preamp. Vocal track was
normalized in Ardour.

Drum track is just the crappy set from the default soundfont for the
SBLive (8mbgmsfx.sf2), sequenced in Sequencer Plus, with a little
tampering done to the tempo track to loosen it up a bit.

I played the bass and guitar parts, also through the MP6. The bass is a
beautiful vintage Fender Jazz that belongs to one of my students. The
bass stays here in exchange for lessons, it's a pretty good deal. :)
The guitar is a POS Alvarez electroacoustic

I ran the MP6 Record Out to an M-Audio Delta66 and into Ardour. The
whole thing took only a couple of hours to complete, then I edited out a
lot of incidental noise. Made a difference, getting rid of fret noise
and vocal blips.

Thanks for listening !  :)

Best,

dp