[ardour-users] another problem

Rds rds at sphereprocess.com
Mon Nov 14 15:22:39 PST 2005

hi,

got another problem now.

it says that ardour can't connect to JACK, he gave me three tips to find out
why it breaksdown

1 jack's not launched
2 jack is running under root
3 there's another client named ardour

i've tried to launch jack and he gave me this response:

This is jack 3.1.1 (C)2004 Arne Zellentin <zarne at users.sf.net>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/jack_functions.py", line 134, in
gettoc    exec(jack_helpers.helpers[toc_prog]['toc_fkt'])
File "<string>", line 4, in ?
error: (5, 'Input/output error')
Trouble reading the disk's TOC. If you already ripped the CD, you'll have to
cd into the created directory which is either named after the CD's title
or still called jack-xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxx is a hex number).

thanks for all your support tips

rds