[ardour-users] Ardour New-user and Linux new as well :D

Favio at gmx.net Favio at gmx.net
Mon Nov 14 06:31:30 PST 2005

Well,

after a long weekend I've got a version of linux up and running on my little
laptop :)

I am very happy with it, but as a complete Windows victim, I am conditioned
to use it not right, I don't understand it quite right yet I think.

Well, here is my question(S):

I have dynebolics GNU/Linux installed, but I can't, by all means figure out
how to raise the simple screen resolution to 1024/etc... 16bit. Because, you
can't really do audio below that.

Then, Why is it, that I have to press play on JACK, before loading ARDOUR?
How does this work, I can't understand that connection jet.

And maybe, someone could give me a short 'introduction' to linux. I knwo
that its open source, etc. But, in its core, or basic structure, what's the
difference to, say XP? Is it, like in electronics, maybe a more modular
system? What do i need to know, to get an idea of how linux "thinks"?

Thanks a lot guys, and if you wanna mail me straight to my adress, feel free
to, if that question here is too basic for the list :)

Thx!!

Favio

--
Favio Masulli y Becker