[ardour-users] Delta 1010 question

Grant Wier ze at ze.yi.org
Fri Nov 11 13:38:28 PST 2005

i have to say i can't try it since i've only got one 1010lt, but...
as far as i can tell, it shouldn't be that hard:
1. follow the two cards as one instructions at
http://alsa.opensrc.org/TwoCardsAsOne which even has jack-specific
configuration.
2. connect card 0's word-clock output to card 1's word-clock input,
and configure card 1's master clock to "word clock locked" via
envy24control.
i'm not sure about the "rate state" options, if "locked" or "reset"
should be checked or not for this case, or if it matters... (i would
guess "locked" should be set... the card's manual might mention something)
you may also need to set card 0 to the desired working rate and check
"locked" for it... i've no idea how alsa handles setting a client-requested
sample rate for a multi-card asoundrc device like this.
3. tell jack to use the ttable (i think) device that you setup in step 1
i'm not sure if you can specify 0 for the # of inputs and outputs and have
it still detect properly, or if you need to set them explicitly with this setup.

hopefully i covered all the potential sticking-points, and hopefully this
actually works as it seems like it should.
i'm looking forward to a message saying so and clarifying the unsure points!