[ardour-users] ardour newcomer

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Nov 10 11:03:11 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 19:54 +0100, Favio at gmx.net wrote:
> Can someone either tell me how to compile the code for windows (I am no
> programmer, I am a musician and producer, and want to do research for uni
> with it, and propose a PC Lab running Ardour at Uni); I am nor linux person,
> and therefor would need your help to bring the thing to XP, and I think
> other people might be interessted in a PC version apart from myself :)

you cannot do this. porting ardour to windows would be a monumental
task, one that nobody who has been involved with developing ardour has
expressed any serious interest in. of course, if someone would like to
pay to have this done ... :)

for now and the foreseeable future, you need either linux or OS X to run
ardour.

--p