[ardour-users] ardour-users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 12

mArukqs marukas at hardcore.lt
Mon Nov 7 12:02:56 PST 2005

So if tempo is 120bpm, then quarter note at 4/4 is 500ms length and at 8/8
quarter note length is 1000ms ? It can't be. Quarter note should be 500ms
length both at 4/4 and at 8/8.

Can you confirm that both rosegarden and muse metronomes are wrong. I just
checked the metronomes on these two applications. I am sure that Cubase
metronome works the same way like those two applications.

What I knew in music theory at school, that at the same tempo quarter note
is longer than 8th note two times.

Please, check other applications. I am not sure that you are right.

Regards,

Marukqs