[ardour-users] sends/inserts

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 03:10:22 PST 2005

On 11/3/05, moron at industrial.org <moron at industrial.org> wrote:
> One issue related to this that sort of bugs me is that unlike most analog
> mixers and effects units out there, Ardour is overly picky about mono /
> stero related input settings. Specifically, it will not let you send a
> stereo track to a mono plugin (even if the plugin ultimately has stereo
> outs).
> In the analog world the usual behaviour I have found is to use either the
> left input or sum them which IMHO should at least be an option.  As it
> stands you are just told "no way" and are left to scroll through a large
> plugin list for plugins with the correct number of inputs.

That is not true. Plugging a real mono effect (one in and one out)
into a stereo-track/bus results in two effects being added both
controlled by the same gui.

and the filtering you propose doesn't make sense as there are various
plugins which change the number of the current channels
(Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Mono, etc.). These can be used to use a
real stereo-plugin on a mono track...

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/