[ardour-users] TAP and CAPS plugin packages for OSX

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Wed Nov 2 12:54:10 PST 2005

On 11/2/05, Zachris Trolin <zach-tro at dsv.su.se> wrote:

> Another question though. Someone said it worked having plugins in the
> local ~/Library/Audio/Plugins. If that is true. Wouldn't it work with
> the global system Library aswell? Maybe you just have to set the ladspa
> path. How about installing the plugins there, it would blend in nicely
> with the rest of the system. (you could see them without going into a
> shell for one thing).

Well, right now ardour won't find any native LADSPAs in
~/Library/Audio/Plugins, with the exception of any VST plugins you
have... which will actually show up as ladspas in ardour.

However, I agree that we should add ~/Library/Audio/Plugins/LADSPA/
and /Library/Audio/Plugins/LADSPA/ to our search path and make that a
new conventional install location for future packages, because it *is*
much more visible.  I didn't do it that way with these packages
because the current ardour DMG isn't set up for that yet.

jlc