[ardour-users] General low volume output

David Mulcahy eseol at tiscali.co.uk
Mon May 30 16:27:30 PDT 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 22:56, Zach Trexler wrote:
> On Monday 30 May 2005 03:08 pm, David Mulcahy wrote:
> > > If it helps, I have a Delta 44 card using for input, and a crappo
> > > on-board card for output.
> >
> > You need a program called envy24control (at least for your delta44)- some
> > distros package it some dont - You can also find it in alsa-tools
> > package.
> >
> > Dave
>
> I have envy24control, though it doesn't seem to affect the output volume
> when I increase the input levels up as high as possible.  This could very
> well be a function of my horrible on-board sound, but as I indicated
> originally, I have noticed an increase in volume, I just can't figure out
> what I did to trigger it.
I know Paul advised you against this but if this is the only to here sound
then I think alsamixer may be your friend here. I think you can use the -c
switch to control each sound card.  so alsamixer -c0 may control your delta44
and alsamixer -c1 may control your onboard (or the other way around).  Give
that a go and see how you get on.

Dave