[ardour-users] General low volume output

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon May 30 13:55:43 PDT 2005

>Are there some specific things I can do to increase the volume level that
>ardour seems to be outputting?  I'm pretty new to using ardour, and I've only
>tinkered around with a couple sessions, each with a few tracks.  It seems I
>have to crank up my synthesizer volume all the way to get it to "normal"
>levels within ardour.  I have moved the volume sliders within each track up
>to the max, and it's still necessary to turn my output speakers to the max to
>hear them "normally."  Am I missing something?  I was really messing around
>in my first session, and managed to make it a bit louder, but I don't know
>how I did that.

ardour's output with default gain settings is bit-for-bit identical
with whatever was recorded.

>If it helps, I have a Delta 44 card using for input, and a crappo on-board
>card for output.

why are you using this configuration? your delta44 does input
and if you're into audio in an even moderately serious way, you do all
i/o using the same sample clock, which here means the delta44 for both
directions.

your problem is likely related to the h/w mixer settings on the
delta44 or the other audio interface or both.

--p