[ardour-users] Crackling at punch in/out

Christian Schumann schumann at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue May 17 01:38:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I just did some punch-in recording yesterday and noticed a nasty
crackling at punch-in and punch-out points. I remember seeing something
like this filed as a bug in Mantis some time ago, and thought it was
fixed. So perhaps the problem is on my side. Can somebody comment on
this?

On another point, after the punch-in recording I'm trying to get the
crossfades between old and new as smooth as possible, but I still hear
some soft click. Is there any possibility other than playing around with
the crossfade editor to get rid of this click?

Regards,
Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842              |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern