[ardour-users] Re: Effects and latency

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 15 16:15:17 PDT 2005

On 5/15/05, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
> >> On 5/15/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Food for thought - how will you handle different mixes on different
> > songs? When you return to an old song after a few months will
> > everything return to the previous settings? This is the biggest
> > problem I've had with the overall concept of Alsa and many apps.
>
> there's an answer to this - LASH. We just need more apps
> to support it.
> http://lash-audio-session-handler.org/

I couldn't get it to work even with some of the apps that are supposed
to support it. The apps couldn't find the server. I didn't find good
instructions on how to set it up. Just a lot of bother from my
perspective. PRobably works great for the people who developed it but
for dummies like me it wasn't simple enough. It's the right idea
though based on the current distributed audio app architectures I
think.

I somehow think that the standard Windows/Mac model where VST's get
loaded within the DAW and song specific settings are kept within the
session file is going to be pretty hard to beat.

- Mark