[ardour-users] Re: Effects and latency

Joseph Dell'Orfano fullgo at dellorfano.net
Sun May 15 08:00:35 PDT 2005

Great discussion. I've learned a lot with my silly little question!

One point about the "lack of fine control when you use a mouse." I know
engineers who are mixing completely with a mouse because of the
microfine control you have over things. You can literally type in the
values you want on your slider for example and inc/dec by 0.1 dB at a
time. In my opinion, this is precision that cannot be had with a slider
or knob.

Certainly not old school.

Thanks again for the GREAT support!

-Joe