[ardour-users] hide track but not automation?

Peter Lutek plutek at infinity.net
Fri May 13 11:52:31 PDT 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005 11:38:53 -0700, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/13/05, Peter Lutek <plutek at infinity.net> wrote:
>

>> > I don't know which I really prefer. I think PT is faster but I feel
>> > like I can see more in Ardour.
>>
>> ok, thanks mark. yeah....i do like the option of seeing both,
>> separately,
>> but wish you could hide the region area as you can hide the automation
>> area. maybe a "nil" height setting would be good.
>>
>> -p
>
> Yeah, that could help. I think the one I've always wanted, or thought
> would be good, would be like Pro Tools with a speed key to cycle
> through the automation tracks. Audio goes grey, automotion shows up on
> top, but then up arrow/down arrow would cycle you through all the
> automation possibilities that have been enabled for that track. I
> think something like that would be fast and use the minimum amount of
> screen area.
>
> As per your other question about finer control, I would think that if
> I had the automation on top of the audio and the audio was larger that
> I'd have more control. Again, that's driven by screen area. Working on
> Ardour automation on a laptop screen is really hard for me due to
> these screen area issues.

see my response to myself in the finer automation control thread -- yes,
height is the key.

i'm making ardour fly on a laptop too -- it's really getting to feel very
workable. i'm using the ion3 window manager, which works primarily in a
tiled workspace model. windows are easily switchable, resizable and can be
toggled in and out of fullscreen, all with keyboard commands, so it's
quick and easy to flip between ardour's different windows.

-p