[ardour-users] Intel vs. Athlon

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu May 12 09:25:50 PDT 2005

Hi,

Ardour hardware requirements favor Athlons over Intel CPUs.
I can understand why, but I'd like to know if anyone has any
metrics to share?  If nobody has real metrics, then subjective
observations of people who've tried both kinds of systems would
be helpful too.  I'm early in my use of Ardour and haven't made
my Celeron 2GHz CPU breath hard, let alone not being able to keep
up.  In the future I can see running with more tracks and more
processing.

I'm going to build another PC at the house (to replace our 200MHz
"office" PC).It certainly is convenient to have all the PCs at
home share common hardware, e.g. power supplies.

Thanks....

--
Kevin