[ardour-users] Linux vs. other stuff

hanaghan at starband.net hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Mar 31 10:01:01 PST 2005

> Just a fun FYI-
>
> I was in amy master's advanced electronic music class the other day and
> all the pro tools rigs were crashing like mad while my ardour machine
> was rock solid.
>
> People talk about how open source apps are unstable, but relly I think
> they are just as stable as commercial apps once you start pushing the

Sonar user and some Cubase...Since Sonar XL, at least in my experience
have been pretty solid but then you are also at the mercy of MS and its
OS. As Paul puts "You own a car...an expensive car, and your not allowed
to tweak whats under the hood (welded shut paraphrase)...Sonar I think is
retailing for close to a grand now for Producer edition!

All in all, and mind, no real serious projects under Ardour and Muse /
RoseGarden, I dont find they crash any more or any less. Just more bugs
that are being worked by the dev teams.