[ardour-users] disk throughput problems with beta

Peter Lutek plutek at infinity.net
Thu Mar 31 04:29:47 PST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:45:49 -0500 (EST), Jesse Chappell <jesse at essej.net>
wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Peter Lutek wrote:
>
>> just looked at some recent session directories and, while a separate
>> peak
>> directory does exist, in fact it is empty, and the peak files are being
>> written in the same directory as the wave files.
>
> This is not good, and almost definitely a bug.  Withhold complete
> judgement until we fix this, because it definitely helped out
> with ext3.

in my most recent tests, peak files ARE where they should be. don't know
what was going on before. i'll keep monitoring to make sure.

sorry to have raised the alarm. however, the problem with recording while
recording waveform display is ON still remains. same results for me on
both ext3 and xfs.

-p