[ardour-users] Loops

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Mon Mar 21 08:11:10 PST 2005

derek holzer wrote:

> have a look at Hydrogen. It uses the JACK system, so it will interface
> with Ardour. I'm curious to hear from the list which other apps can use
> the JACK transport system to start/stop MIDI or sampling apps in sych
> with Ardour.

Hydrogen is a drum machine... although I guess in place of drum samples
you could put other kinds of samples.  I like Hydrogen because I can
take each of 32 tracks and record them separately in Ardour, more like
real drums.

Rosegarden works well (in my experience) for MIDI playback with Ardour.

-- Brett