[ardour-users] Just beginning

Mike Jewell msjmsj49 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:17:50 PST 2005

Hi Ardour Users,

This is my first post here but I hope to do lots more.

I just installed Ardour (0.9beta28) on my Fedora Core 1 box and am very
impressed!  I've been using Audacity for quite a while but needed more
features, etc.  Ardour looks incredable.

But it's also quite a challenge.  I got the manual and even though it is
incomplete and a bit scrambled, it is still very useful for a beginner.
(Just wish there was lots more detail.)

As I've been playing with it I'm running into LOTS of questions/issues most
of which are probably because I don't know how to use it but I'm pretty sure
I'm seeing quite a few (mostly small) bugs as well.

Some initial questions:

1) What is the status of the manual?  I'd love to buy one if it was more or
less complete and accurate.
2) Do others see lots of small bugs in this code?
3) Can I ask stupid usage questions here?   8^)

Thanks,
Mike Jewell