[ardour-users] playback1-26 - where'd they go?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:40:52 PST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:26:51 -0800, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:45:45 -0500, Jesse Chappell <jesse at essej.net> wrote:
> > Mark Knecht wrote on Thu, 10-Mar-2005:
> >
> >  > Hi,
> >  >    I'm using the newest Ardour beta from the Planet. I want to record
> >  > the audio generated by LinuxSampler and routed onto
> >  > alsa_pcm:playback_1-8. The track connections dialog is only showing me
> >  > capture_1-26, not playback_1-26.
> >  >
> >  >    Am I not supposed to be able record the contents of my playback
> >  > bus? Couldn't I do this before? Maybe I'm just tired.
> >
> > You want to route the pcm playback into an input in ardour, right?
> > To do this, you need to enable the Monitor option in jackd, and
> > then a bunch more ports will show up.
>
> OK, that's helpful. They show up as monitor_1 instead of playback_1?
> Should work fine though. Thanks much.

Humm....harder than I thought. Monitor is enabled in Jack and the
monior ports now show up in QJC. Ardour sees them and allows me to
route to them to track inputs. For simplicity I'm running Aqualung
under Jack as a sound source. Aqualung is playing back over
playback_1/2 and showing up on output_1/2 but I'm not getting audio in
Ardour on monitor_1/2.

I also tried turning on hardware and software monitoring and
restarting Ardour but no go. I can route Aqualung to an Ardour input
and I do get audio on that channel but not on any of the tracks
attached to these monitor lines.

I presume this is tested on the HDSP lines? You use one don't you?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mark