[ardour-users] Importing 4-channel .wav files

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 3 01:16:36 PST 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 22:38, Scott Helmke wrote:
> No problems there, but I'm not able to import into Ardour
> for further processing.  I have a vague recollection that maybe Ardour can
> only import stereo .wav files - true or not?  Either way, how can I get
> these files into Ardour?

AFAIK ardour can support any channel count so it shouldn't be a problem.
Can you be more specific in describing the problem.
What doesn't work at what point and what version you are using .

You can import(=copy into ardours native format) or embed soundfiles, and you
need to figure out if want these files split into 4 mono files or if you want
to put them into a 4 channel track.

Gerard