[ardour-users] Importing 4-channel .wav files

Scott Helmke scott at scotthelmke.com
Wed Mar 2 14:38:39 PST 2005

I'm currently wrassling with Mantis to report the occasional recording crash
that's been afflicting me, but in the meantime...

... I started using just "arecord" because I lost too many takes to Ardour
crashing.  arecord works great, I'm telling it to record S24_LE (signed 24
bit, Little Endian) at 44.1kHz, and 4 channels because I've got two stereo
pairs of mics.  No problems there, but I'm not able to import into Ardour
for further processing.  I have a vague recollection that maybe Ardour can
only import stereo .wav files - true or not?  Either way, how can I get
these files into Ardour?

Thanks,
-Scott
--
---- Scott Helmke ---- scott at scotthelmke.com ---- (734) 604-9340 ----
And you'll visualize not taking any chances