[ardour-users] GUI request error

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Fri Jun 17 22:09:35 PDT 2005

Hey Peter,
are you using VST's in Ardour ? I have had exactly this crap from a VST
installed in my vst folder... not running you understand, just sitting
in there ! Voxengno (?) plugs gave me all kinds of unexpected Ardour
deaths (like seg faults when just marking a punchin range !) and so did
some PSP ones as well. First thing to try if you have VST enabled,
remove the VST folder from the existing path and then run ardour ... see
if you get the same error without them there. If not, replace the empty
folder to your path & start by alphabetically replacing your plugs in
groups until the error is re-generated. Then interrogate the suspects
one by one until you find him (maybe them !)

If no to VST's  then I can't help you....i reckon you are tho !

HTH,

Geoff.