[ardour-users] Re: Plug-In dialogs and transport panel not usable in mixer window

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:33:47 PDT 2005

Hi,

On 6/13/05, Gerhard Zintel <Gerhard.Zintel at web.de> wrote:
> I have a problem with the dialogs in Ardour. I don't have two monitors and
> so
> I have to look either to the mixer or the edior window only. Now it's
> totally
> annoying that, having the focus on the mixer windows and opening a plugin
> dialog, the mixer window disapears and the editor window comes into front.
> Same problem for the transport panel. I can detach i from the editor window
> but it's unusable together with he mixer window. If mixer window is in front
> and I press the play button on the detached transport panel, the mixer
> window
> disapears. Why am I able to detach it if it is only usable with the edior
> window?
> Is that the same for all of you? Are you quite happy with that behaviour or
> have you switched this off and only I don't know how? If not, I think about
> writing a bug report in mantis.

I have the same behaviour here at least for the plugins which is
annoying (I don't use the detached transport bar).

A half-hearted solution for the transportbar is to use the new
qjackctl as "stay on top"-window for the controls.

But in real work I am more and more used to the key-shortcuts...

Arnold