[ardour-users] VST plug that saves and automates in Ardour

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Jun 11 16:01:23 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 08:59 +1000, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> Ambience Reverb also saves using automation. As you rightly pointed out
> Mark, they dont save from their own interface...but automation is a fine
> compromise to me anyway.It seems that if the plug runs normally and
> reports it's controls to jack_fst then you can automate and save. That's
> how it's panned out so far for me anyway.

automation is never saved via a plugin on any platform, its always host
side. AFAIK, VST plugins can save state just like LADSPA, unless they
are flagged as wanting to use "chunks", which are a way of the plugin
saving its own settings in an opaque way. IIRC, Ambience is one such
plugin. I have not written code to support this, although its not really
hard to do.

--p