[ardour-users] running ardour and linux w/out internet

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jun 9 10:29:17 PDT 2005

>So, please, instead of focusing what I 'should' have,
>is anyone willing to help me with my direct problem of
>viewing my DVD drive from the terminal and getting apt
>to find the drive to mount files?

i think one reason why help is limited on this is that hardly anyone
using the planet or apt has ever done so using CD/DVD's except during
the initial stages of a linux installation. part of the whole point of
using these systems is the incredible ease of use of network installs
and updates.

can you repost the error messages you were getting when trying to use
apt? it sounds to me like a simple permissions and/or missing symlink
problem.

--p