[ardour-users] running ardour and linux w/out internet

Joel Laviolette mbirame at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 09:54:12 PDT 2005

My internet connection will be terminated tomorrow at
my residence.  I do have access to broadband at work.
I WILL NOT have internet access on my audio computer.
This is due to finances not choice.  Finances is also
the main reason I have switched to linux.

Is ardour going to work for me?  do I really NEED
internet access on my audio computer to make it work
stabily?  If so, this is a HUGE drawback to usability
(which I am finding extremely difficult as it is).

I understand that there are constant updates, and I
guess I'll have to do my best with a limited modum
connection I could hook up and things I could download
from work and feed my box at home with CD's.

So, please, instead of focusing what I 'should' have,
is anyone willing to help me with my direct problem of
viewing my DVD drive from the terminal and getting apt
to find the drive to mount files?

Thank you.  Sincerely,
Joel Laviolette