[ardour-users] shall we wait for VST or go with libfst?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 08:36:26 PDT 2005

Hector,
   As has been pointed out in other threads many times we user types
make a mistake early on and forget the use of --prefix=/usr so an
early build goes to /usr/local. Later on when we realize the error of
our ways and start using --prefix=/usr we get burned for a while by
not removing the old stuff in /usr/local/. None of my machines have
anything much in /usr/local. I would council to delete by hand any
Alsa/Jack/Ardour stuff that happens to be there to make sure that your
current builds are using what's in /usr.

   Note that in your search path /usr/local comes before /usr so
anything found there will be used and your new builds won't get called
until /usr/local is cleaned out.

Good luck,
Mark